Areas of our research comprise these interests:
- User-centric and personalized information retrieval,
- NeuroIS – study of neuropsychological aspects of IR using advanced techniques of neuroimaging towards improving design of user-centric systems,
- Adaptive information retrieval,
- Implicit feedback-based search systems,
- Affective and sentiment information retrieval systems,
- Proactive search systems,
- Big Data,
- Smart City and Urban Informatics,
- Content-based and collaborative filtering and recommender systems.
Group researching information retrieval using advanced neuroimaging techniques.
Group promoting the use of big data analytics techniques to address social, urban and economic problems.
- Moshfeghi, Yashar, Pollick Frank E.: Search Process as Transition Between Neural States. Proceedings of the Web Conference 2018, (2017)
- Jorge David Gonzales Paule, Yeran Sun, Yashar Moshfeghi: On Fine-Grained Geolocation of Tweets and Real-Time Traffic Incident Detection. in Journal of Information Processing and Management (2018)
- Long Chen, Huaizhi Zhang, Joemon M Jose, Haitao Yu, Yashar Moshfeghi, Peter Triantafillou: Topics detection and tracking on heterogenous information. in Journal of Intelligent Information Systems. 2017
- Jorge David Gonzalez Paule, Yashar Moshfeghi, Joemon M. Jose and, Piyushimita Thakuriah: On Fine-Grained Geolocalisation of Tweets. The 3rd ACM International Conference on the Theory of Information Retrieval (ICTIR’17), Amsterdam, Netherlands, pages 313-316. October 2017.
- Yeran Sun, Yashar Moshfeghi and Zhang Liu: Exploiting Crowdsourced Geographic Information and GIS for Assignment of Air Pollution Exposure During Active Travel. in Journal of Transport & Health, 2017, 6. pp. 93-104. ISSN 2214-1405.
- Yashar Moshfeghi, Raoul Rothfeld, Leif Azzopardi and Peter Triantafillou: A Task Completion Engine to Enhance Search Session Support for Air Traffic Work Tasks. Advances in Information Retrieval, 39th European Conference on Information Retrieval (ECIR’17), Aberdeen, Scotland, pages 278-290, April 2017.
- David Maxwell, Leif Azzopardi and Yashar Moshfeghi: A Study of Snippet Length and Informativeness: Behaviour, Performance and User Experience. 40th Annual ACM SIGIR Conference (SIGIR’17), Tokyo, Japan, pages 135-144, July 2017.
- Yashar Moshfeghi, Peter Triantafillou, Frank E. Pollick: Understanding Information Need: an fMRI Study. 39th Annual ACM SIGIR Conference (SIGIR’16), Pisa, Italy, Pages 335- 344, July 2016. (Best Paper Award)
- Yashar Moshfeghi, Kristiyan Velinov, Peter Triantafillou: Improving Search Results with Prior Similar Queries. 25th Annual ACM CIKM Conference (CIKM’16), Indianapolis, USA, Pages 1985-1988, October 2016.
- Yashar Moshfeghi, Alvaro F. H. Rosero, and Joemon M. Jose: Identifying Careless Workers in Crowdsourcing Platforms: A Game Theory Approach. 39th Annual ACM SIGIR Conference (SIGIR’16), Pisa, Italy, pages 857-860, July 2016.
- Yashar Moshfeghi, Alvaro F. H. Rosero, and Joemon M. Jose: A Game Theory Approach for Effective Crowdsource Based Relevance Assessment. ACM Transactions on Intelligent Systems and Technology, 7(4), 55, 2016. (doi:10.1145/2873063)
- Marco Allegretti, Yashar Moshfeghi, Maria Hadjigeorgieva, Frank E Pollick, Joemon M Jose, Gabriella Pasi: When Relevance Judgment is Happennig?: An EEG-based Study. 38th Annual ACM SIGIR Conference (SIGIR’15), Santiago, Chile, pages 719-722, July 2015.
- Yashar Moshfeghi, Iadh Ounis, Craig Macdonald, Joemon M. Jose, Peter Triantafillou, Mark Livingston, and Piyushimita Thakuriah: The 1st International Workshop on Understanding the City with Urban Informatics. In Proceedings of the 24th ACM International on Conference on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM ’15). ACM, New York, NY, USA, 1955-1956.
- Yashar Moshfeghi, Iadh Ounis, Craig Macdonald, Joemon M. Jose, Peter Triantafillou, Mark Livingston, Piyushimita Thakuriah: Proceedings of the ACM First International Workshop on Understanding the City with Urban Informatics, UCUI 2015, Melbourne, Australia, October 19, 2015. ACM 2015, ISBN 978-1-4503-3786-